Saturday, October 27, 2007
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 6:05 PM
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 9:17 AM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 7:13 PM
Monday, October 22, 2007
I HAVE BEEN TAGGED AS WELL!
Here are the rules:
1. Each person list 6 facts/habits about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.
1. I hate saliva. OK, let me explain a little further. I don’t like to share silverware, cups, straws or anything that has been in someone else’s mouth. Now, I am not opposed to kissing my husband - I actually enjoy that quite a lot. J My issue is when there is a third party (the spoon, cup, straw, etc) involved. When we go to the movies, I often request two straws if John and I are going to share a soda or icee. John has been trying to wean me off of this for quite a while, and occasionally I will share a straw or I will even feed him a taste of my food from my fork, but inside I still cringe. Baby steps. What am I going to do with this baby who is going to be a 24/7 saliva machine???
2. Like my sister, I secretly wish to star in a Broadway play. She turned me on to Phantom of the Opera when I was about 10 years old and I had the whole thing memorized two years before I even saw the musical for the first time in Junior High. Over the years, I have lost track of the amount of musicals that I have been able to see, but there is a part of me that longs to sing my heart out on stage. I actually feel that I have a decent voice, thanks to wonderful genes from my Mother and the help of some voice teachers through the years, but I don’t think that I am strong enough to lead a show…maybe one of the background singers or a small side part, but I am no Christine from Phantom, Elphaba from Wicked or Lucy from Jekyll and Hyde (even though you wouldn’t know it when I am singing in the car! Tamar…do I hear the call for an open casting call on Broadway??? How fun would that be?
3. I have trouble pronouncing words when I get excited. If I am talking fast I will often say words such as “tall” (hard a sound) for “tell”, “toad” for “told”, “supposably” instead of “supposedly”, “pellow” instead of “pillow” and the list goes on and on. John likes to smile and point them out every time I use one of them inadvertently.
4. I have a knack for estimating the prices of things. It amazes John all the time. Whenever we go out for dinner, he grabs the check and we both guess how much the mean total came to (including tax), I am rarely off by more than $1 and last week I was only off by 6 cents! For those of you that may think this sounds easy, I would dare you to try it. You have to be quick too, I’m talking within less than 30 seconds from the time the bill comes (this does NOT count if you know you are playing ahead of time and keep a mental tab going in your head)J I need to go on Price is Right. Oh and while I am at it, I am also pretty darn good at Wheel of Fortune. I have my off nights, but there have also been many times when I have guessed correctly while there were only a couple letters filled in. Oh, the things I have to brag about!
5. I don't like a lot of food that I think that majority of people like. For example: Cheesecake, mostly every type of pie, cinnamon rolls, pastries, jelly donuts, fish (includes shrimp), cobblers, cream cheese, jams, soft veggies (only like them cold), brownies or cookies with nuts in them (but I love all three individually), the list really goes on, but you get the picture.
6. I love the ocean, but am extremely afraid of it. I love to lay on the sand and hear the waves in the background, feel and smell the ocean breeze, but I am scared to death of what lives in the ocean that could tear me to pieces. I have been snorkeling several times and have observed many beautiful fish, but I can't stay out for too long and I am CONSTANTLY looking around for anything with teeth that may be looking for a snack. When we were snorkeling in Aruba there was a lot of coral and I told John that I was done for the time being and I was heading back to the beach. As I swam in, I took a wrong turn and ended up right over some coral and even though I tried my best to float above it, the coral scratched my leg and to my horror I started to bleed there in the Caribbean ocean. I kicked as fast as I could to get to shore as I know that every shark in a 1000 mile radius could smell my fear and my delicious blood. Luckily, I survived to tell the tale.
OK, I tag Rachel, Tara, Jocelyn, Amanda (everyone else I know has already been tagged..I guess I don't know too many people on blogger!) :)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
This is only a small taste of our Halloween decorations this year. There is plenty more bales of straw, pumpkins, corn stalks, skeleton heads, orange lights and glow in the dark skeleton hangings all around the house. It looks better in the dark I guess when it is all lit up. John loves this time of year so last weekend we finally got around to decorating. We still don't know what we will dress up as this year. Two years ago we were a witch and a pirate, last year we were frankenstein and his bride....this year....we just don't know. I feel that there aren't many options when a gal is pregnant.
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 9:18 AM
Thursday, October 11, 2007
We want to thank all of you who voted for our baby name. Kate and Andrea were our top two choices as well. That is until we started leaning towards another name. I have leaked it to a couple of you, but I think we are going to keep it under our hats in case we decide to change it again. Stay tuned...
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 4:36 PM