Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 11:03 AM
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 8:05 PM
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Well, today did not go as planned. We went in to be induced at 6am and they started the pitosin at about 6:30am. My contractions started right up and got going pretty good every 30 seconds to 1 minute. However, I would not dialate more than 1.5cm. They said that they could not break my water until I was a 2 or a 3. So, at 5pm they sent us home. They said that they gave me the highest dose of pit that they could and most women would be screaming in pain, but I just wouldn't dilate. They were going to give me a pill that was supposed to soften me up, but it meant I would just have to be monitored for another 8 hours or so with the chance of nothing happening, so we decided to go home in the hopes that something would happen overnight. I go back to the doctor on Friday morning and my doctor and I will make another plan . Hopefully it will be that they will admit me on Friday night with the pill to soften me and then induce me again Saturday morning. John and I are pretty dissapointed, but there is not much else we can do at this point but wait. I felt like I was doing the walk of shame when we left the hospital...I am also very sad becuase my mom came into town today and has to leave next Wednesday, so she may not be able to be here very long if the baby doesn't make her entrance until this weekend. At least she will be back in a couple weeks right after Christmas...I will update more as soon as something starts going!
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 7:59 PM