Thursday, January 31, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Kelsi and I had fun taking pictures today. I got a couple of her smiling too. It is so hard to catch her smiling because I don't want to take my eyes off of her. The awesome blanket she is laying on was made by her Aunt Tamar. Thank you so much! Kelsi loves all of the different textures of it. She can't wait for the day that she can thank you in person.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Posted by Karina & John Calderwood at 2:04 PM
Monday, January 21, 2008
I have been tagged AGAIN...by Tamar.
Book: I am with Tamar on this one. My newly favorite books are the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer with my favorite book being Twilight. I had a hard time with New Moon, but only because I missed my secret crush Edward (ok, so it's not really a secret, my husband knows that I have a crush on a vampire).
Movie: I have different favorite movies from different genres, but I really enjoy the Bourne series
Color: Red and Blue in general. But I really like to decorate with greens and golds
TV shows: The Amazing Race. The office. My husband sent in an audition tape for Amazing Race but if we don't hear anything by the end of this month he didn't make it to the semi-finals.
Guilty Pleasures: Twilight Series and Bourne
Outfit: Nothing really at the moment. I guess it would have to be my gray sweats from H&M. John likes the way I look in them for some reason and they are super comfy.
Body part: I used to like my shoulders and my waist, but not right now. I also used to like my feet until John made fun of my toes (one of my toes is bigger than the other) I guess I will say my Clavicle (spelling?)
Kitchen tip: My Grandma told me that it is best to set the dinner table by the time your husband comes home that way he will think that dinner is almost ready even if it is not. I haven't done this, but I think it is good advice.
Life lesson: You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Just let go of the things in life that hold you down (even though you may not think it is holding you down) and just breathe and let it be.
Activity: I love to sing.
Food: Dark Chocolate
Child raising tip: I am really new to this and I don't feel that I can give anyone advice at this point. I guess just breathe.
Pet peeve: Being late (only when I am late. I forgive others for being tardy but I can't STAND to be late to anything)
Tattoo: I don't like tatoos
Element: I hated Chemistry. I hate all the elements. Ok, selenium because it is fun to say. Tamar cheated by adding two elements together to get water.
I tag Lacey, Elise, Amanda, Jocelyn & Jen(or Lulu)
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
I am trying to make up for lost time. Since I haven't been feeling well, I spend a lot of time in front of the TV. This is such a funny clip! I hope this works.
My friend Tara did this and I thought it was great
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?Went on a cruise;got pregnant;had a baby
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I didn’t really have any resolutions last year that I can really remember. I haven't set any in stone yet, but I would like to lose my last 14 lbs of baby weight and read the scriptures more often.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?Oh yeah...my cousin last January, college friend last spring, Amanda had Wyatt, Trish had Grant,Nicole had Cole and Brittany had Nicholas..and of course I had Kelsi.
4. Did anyone close to you die?No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?Puerto Rico, British Virgin Isles, St. Kitts, Aruba, Bonaire and Greneda.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?Better finance skills
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?12/8 because it was the birth of my first child
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?Pushing a human being out of my body
9. What was your biggest failure?Not taking care of my husband as much as I would like to
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?Pregnancy stuff only
11. What was the best thing you bought?tickets to see my sister
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?Tamar for having so much patience for my never ending questions about pregnancy and motherhood.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?Appalled by Britney Spears and Paris, Lindsay and all those other young hollywood starts but not depressed.
14. Where did most of your money go?John's interests
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?That song from Grey's Anatomy "How to save a life"
17.Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happier because of my daughter b) thinner or fatter? fatter.c) richer or poorer? richer, but not for long with this baby
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?Travel since it will be possible but harder with kids
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?Stressing, throwing up.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With John and Kelsi and then over the Ports for Christmas dinner
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?I continued to be in love with John. I fell madly in love with my new baby.
22. What was your favorite TV program?Amazing Race
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?Nope.
24. What was the best book you read?The Twilight Series. All of them. Thanks Tamar!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?Hmmm don't know
26. What did you want and get?A baby
27. What did you want and not get?normal post partum health
28. What was your favorite film of this year?Bourne Ultimatum, hands down
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?I turned 26. I went to dinner at my favorite restaurant Henry J's, movies with friends and babysat for the Folsom kids
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?More money (paying off some debts).
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?Maternity
32. What kept you sane?Family and friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?I’m not so much into that.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?I get my years mixed up
35. Whom did you miss?My parents and sisters and my friends...especially Ms. Emily - thanks for coming back into my life!
36. Who was the best new person you met?My daughter
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Breathe
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year."All that I am, all that I ever was is here in your perfect eyes they're all I can see".
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Kelsi hit her one month mark yesterday and sadly she is only back at her birth weight. However I know once she starts gaining weight that I am going to miss my tiny baby at the same time. I will update with more pictures very soon, but I have been pretty sick the last week or so and have not been able to pull the camera out...or give Kelsi a bath in the last 4 days. For those of you that remember what my health was like a few years ago, it is back. Not as bad as last time, but it seems that my mystery disease or what the doctors like to call "Lupus" is back. They have run tons of test and so far the indicators are pointing in that direction, we are just waiting on one more test results. Poor Kelsi has not enjoyed the antibiotics that I have been on as they are making her tummy hurt and she has been wanting to be held ALL THE TIME over the past few days. I do not know why they are making me stay on them when there isn't any cause of infection that they can find. We spent a few days in the hospital last week and one of the nights John took Kelsi home with him so I could have a night of uninterrupted sleep (minus the annoying nurses trying to do their job at all hours of the night). I was really worried when he took her for the night and a few of the times I woke up and freaked out wondering where she was before I remembered she was with John. I cannot believe that she is already a month old. I can't believe how fast time is flying.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Happy New Year everyone. Kelsi has been having a lot of fun with her Aunt Shayla and Aunt Kaylee and Grandma and Grandpa Manderino this last week as they have been visiting from California. She is being spoiled as she is being held all the time. On Sunday Kelsi received her name and blessing and it was wonderful to have so much of the family together. Grandma and Grandpa Calderwood as well as Aunt Melanie and Aunt Jalyn came down to visit as well for the day. We are doing pretty well, still tired but getting a little more used to the lack of sleep. Kelsi is still an iddy biddy and we have to go in to the doctor this week for another weight check to make sure she is gaining weight. She was still below birth weight at her 2 and a half week appt last week and if she hasn't gained weight by Thursday we are going to need to start supplementing her feedings with a special breastmilk formula with added protein and calories. She has been through a lot so far, but overall is a very happy baby.