Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My sister Tamar has been telling me that babies "should" be sleeping through the night by the time they are 2 months old and no later than 4 months old. So, again I believe everything that super baby nurse lady says and I tried to follow her advice. I put Kelsi on a routine schedule which includes a nightly bath and bottle and then to bed (while she is sleepy, but still awake). On the night of Kelsi's 8 week mark I am happy to say that she slept 7 hours straight. Hooray! And to those of you who said that she couldn't do it two nights in a row (Mom), she decided to show herself up and slept 8 hours straight the next night. Looks like Kelsi takes after her mom and doesn't like to be told that she can't do something. Another note to future self: uh-oh.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You are so lucky. Logan and Ashlyn were both up every 2 hours tell Ashlyn was 6 months and Logan was a little longer. Even with a routine they didn't do it so I am gearing up for this one too. Oh well :)

Tamar and Trevor said...

Congrats!!! Good sleep makes all the difference. She is growing up way to quickly. You need to find a way to stop her from getting any bigger until I can get out there and snuggle with her.

Porter Family said...

I wish Ashlyn would sleep through the night...just kidding. Those Manderino babies are just better at sleeping than the Porter ones. Next time I have a kid, I am hiring you and Tamar to come out and get my kid to sleep. She is stinking cute!