Thursday, October 30, 2008

A few weeks ago I was notified that my high school class was celebrating their 10 year reunion. That really made me feel old, and I must be because when I think about high school, I feel that it was a lifetime ago. It made me reflect on the last 10 years of my life. The good years, the not so good years. All the friends that I made and those that helped shape me into the woman that I am today. There are a few things that I would change if I could go back in time….calling my grandparents more often, apologize to a few people, but overall I would go through every little thing again, sorrow and all if I knew that I was going to end up where I am today. Looking back over my life, especially the last 5 years or so, I can really see the Lord’s hand in my life guiding me through big decisions and small ones as well. I won’t bore you with the details, but when I think about how my life and how John’s life were before we met each other, there were so many things that HAD to happen in each of our lives for us to meet each other. Some things that had to do with challenges and choices of other people (thanks, sis!) in order for John and I to have met. (If you want to know the details, let me know separately so I don’t bore everyone). I really feel that he was my miracle. And now that we have our little Kelsi….SHE is our miracle. There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t thank my heavenly father for my wonderful husband, for entrusting us with our little angel Kelsi, my comfortable home and my loving family and friends. I have been truly blessed. I was listening to a cheesy country song the other day that talked about a guy who wrote a letter to his teenage self and one line goes something like “You’ve got so much up ahead, you’ll make new friends, you should see your kids and wife….these are no where near the best years of your life”. All I could think was AMEN. I look forward to what the next 10 years have in store.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I say Amen to that too. Your not old!! Now when you start taking your child to school thats when you feel old.

Rob & Linder said...

You feel old when you see the little girl who has become such a wonderfull woman and mother reflect on her life.
May we all live loNg enough to value what we have and how we got it and share it with other.